Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Standing the Shadow of the Hill



I wish I could have found a YouTube version of this song, Standing by Patty Griffin, that sounds more like it does on the album Impossible Dream, but this is the only thing I could find. I hope you get a chance to listen to the real thing.



I'm standing in the shadow of the hill
I'm standing in the shadow of the hill
Feel the fear everywhere
Hope it don't get me killed
I'm standing in the shadow of the hill

I'm standing in the shadow walking blind
I've been unfair and unkind
Turned away from your suffering far too many times
Now I'm standing in the shadow walking blind

Sister, brother, there's a fire on the hill
And it's burning like a lantern
Making all this time stand still
I'm standing, I'm standing, I'm standing
I'm standing, standing, standing

Mother, I am weak but I am strong
Standing in the darkness this long
But in the deepest darkness
I listen to your song
Mother I am weak but I am strong
I'm standing, and I'm standing, I'm standing
I'm standing, standing, standing,
I'm standing Standing in the shadow of the hill

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I got back to the car after taking the picture above, I found evidence of enemy reconnaissance.



AMDG


2 comments:

  1. That's a great picture. And it may not have been an enemy--maybe some poor soul praying that he could kick the bottle. Not before emptying it first, though. Which kind of has a wide application.

    ReplyDelete